Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Univega and Lady Gaga!

I guess I'm still no good at the whole regular-updating thing. But I've been on the computer less, so I think it's forgivable.

A couple days after my last post, I went and bought myself a bike! I bussed down to Recycled Cycles (because there was no way I would have been able to afford a new one) in U-District and the nice guy there helped me find my sweet little quasi-hipster Univega.

Isn't she purty? (Don't mind the mess on the coffee table)

I've been going out and riding around the neighborhood for at least half an hour every day...with the exception of the last few days, because I've been sick. It feels great to actually spend the hours between breakfast-and-email and getting-ready-for-work actually doing something. It's an outlet for all the pent-up energy I didn't realize I have, and it puts me in a better mood for the rest of the day. So yeah, all that stuff you hear about the benefits of exercising in the morning is really true. Though I haven't been doing it long enough to tell you about whether it actually speeds up your metabolism for the day or whatever. I'm still barely fitting into my pants.

And now, for something that has nothing to do with pants or bicycles...I give you...LADY GAGA!!!

And that DJ Space Cowboy's a cutie, too

Last week, I got the chance to go see Lady Gaga with my friend who happened to have an extra ticket to the show. And man, was it a show! There were dancers and costume changes and a lit-up bubble piano! The entire performance just blew my mind, and I will forever be grateful to my friend for taking me. I'll even forgive the fact that he and his little sister got to meet her while I waited outside in the windy cold.

Awww...

But I don't think I'll ever be able to get "Poker Face" out of my head. That one's stuck in there for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment