Thursday, August 27, 2009

I love mornings

I realize that it's only half an hour till it isn't morning anymore, but in my defense, I've been up since 8:45. Why? No particular reason. I don't work until later tonight, and I don't have anyone to see or anywhere to be before then. I just like to get an earlier start to my day. It's nice to have a few hours to lazily sip some coffee, munch on some breakfast, and update my blog-reading or news-watching. When I wake up later, after the sun's been up almost half a day, I feel like I've missed out on something. Even if there wasn't anything other than just bird-chirping and sunshine in my East-facing windows to sleep through. I guess it's just the fact that I can't sit around for 2 hours before I shower and still hope to get something done before work. No zipping downtown to browse the pretty things at Nordstrom that I can only hope to be able to afford in the future. No getting laundry done before I have to leave, so as to save myself from staying up extra late after I get home and want to go to bed. No relaxing grocery store browsing.

When I start back at school (whether it be this coming Winter quarter at UW, or some later time at some other university), I hope I'll be able to remember how much better it is to be waking up early and Doing Things, rather than sleeping in and doing absolutely nothing with myself. There's been far too much of the latter in the last year or so of my life, and I'm over it. I'm done with it. It's over. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment